Homebound Delivery Services
Altoona Public Library’s Home Delivery Program supplies books, movies, audiobooks, and more to individuals in their homes that are unable to get to the library themselves typically due to an ongoing physical condition, illness, age or other qualifying condition. This service is also available to those within Assisted Living and Retirement Homes, Health Care and Adult Day Care Facilities.
Who is Eligible?
Any resident in the City of Altoona with an ongoing physical condition, illness, age or other qualifying condition, that prevents the person from coming to the library is eligible. Due to resources and demand the individual must reside within city limits. Further, the resident should be willing to commit to having this service for an extended period of time.
Is there a cost?
No! This service is absolutely free to patrons. The only charges that may be assessed would be for lost or damaged materials.
How it Works
- Deliveries are made on a monthly basis by one of our volunteer drivers or library staff.
- You tell us what type of books and/or other materials you want
- We select the books and other library items for you according to your criteria
- We deliver books and other materials to you by volunteer or staff every month
- Our volunteer/staff will pick up and return your library materials when they bring the next delivery
- You can also reserve or request specific books/materials. This can be done online through the MORE catalog or by calling the library at 715-839-5029
What can you Borrow?
- Books, including best sellers
- Large print books
- Music CDs
How do you sign up?
To receive more information call 715-839-5029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download the application and reading preferences survey HERE and have it delivered to the circulation desk at the Library.
Altoona Public Library Home Delivery Application
Volunteer Your Time
The Altoona Public Library is always looking for volunteers who are interested in delivering library materials to homebound individuals. Contact us for more information at 715-839-5029 or email@example.com.
Homebound Delivery Volunteer Application
The volunteer application can be delivered to the Altoona Public Library Circulation Desk.
Home Delivery Policies
If you are curious about all the policies and procedures concerning the Home Delivery Service Program, please review the Altoona Public Library Policy concerning the Service located in PDF format below or at the Altoona Public Library Circulation Desk.
Altoona Public Library
1303 Lynn Avenue
Altoona, WI 54720